Posted , 4 users are following.
Here lately, probably for about the past month and a half, I've been experiencing a TON of panic attacks and anxiety. I have absolutely no idea what caused it to start happening. Day by day, it slowly progresses to get worse. Some days are good, some are not. I've done a lot of research, and I've read things about cognitive behavioural therapy to help panic attacks dramatically. I've read self-help, like telling yourself "You're not the boss of me, you will not control my life anymore" etc, etc. I've tried changing my food intake and diet, like taking in more water, taking in more vital vitamins, and more.For weeks, I've avoided seeing a doctor because I don't have insurance, but it's to the point to where it's affecting my life so much that I can't deal with it anymore. I'm tired of it ruining my life and work. Some of the things I've noticed when I feel a panic attack coming or is about to be triggered is:
1. I make eye contact with random customers at work (not EVERY person, but many)
2. I walk into some stores
3. While standing in line somewhere, waiting, or talking to people
4. And a couple panic attacks in my own house
5. When I feel threatened
6. If I see a crowd in a store, and just start thinking about going into a crowd.
7. Sitting in the parking lot before going into some stores
What I feel when a panic attack is about to happen is:
1. My body gets really hot, really fast
2. My vision starts to go from normal to black, back and forth
3. I start to then feel like I'm about to faint, to the point to where I HAVE to leave or escape where ever I'm at away from anyone
4. My body starts to shake and I feel extremely weightless and lightheaded
5. I start to lose concentration and cannot think or understand correctly
6. And then, once I finally escape, I sit down, and my body shakes intensely
7. After calming down, my body starts developing pains in my back, neck, and then I lose feeling in my legs and feel lifeless for hours.
This happens multiple times a day, and I can't stand it anymore. I've stopped drinking alcohol completely because I read that has an effect on panic and anxiety as well, but it's still happening. I want this fixed so bad. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? (Obviously, see a doctor), but has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did the doctor do? Did they put you on medicine, and what kind of medicine and does it actually help?
I think part of my problem is that it has such a control on my life, that having a panic attack is always on my mind no matter what I'm doing, and I'm so afraid of them happening and then they happen without warning. Please help me with some input!
Thank you all for your time.
1 like, 6 replies