I m experiencing period pains.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

Does anyone else experience period pains, sore boobs etc. But not actually have a period? Not han one for 4 months now. Am 54

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes i did for quite a while , when i was in menapause foe 22 months , xx have you got ant other symptems ,,  xx
  • Posted

it means i thnk you are stillproducing hormoans and where is the pain please xx
  • Posted

I'm 58 and have not had a period for over two years. Yet there is still some kind of cycle going on. Every 4-6 weeks I get low stomach ache, backache and spots around my nose and chin - just like I did when I still had periods. It's not as bad as then, but still annoying.

I'm quite pleased to hear I'm not the only one! Yes it is hormones, but why should it be enough to give you spots but not enough to stop you shriveling up like a prune! It's not fair.😦

• Posted

its so not fair ,, it makes me mad ,, promise me tho ,in the future if you do get a spotting or bleed ,, get checked out, if you are concerened ask the doctor for some bloods to check you are in menaause and you are doing ok ,, x

all my love take care ,, xx

• Posted

Thanks for your concern lynwell14. Until a coyple of months ago I was under the care of a Gynaecologist, as I had a number of cysts that were slow to clear. He was happy to sign me off from his care in May, with the proviso that if I had anymore problems I should contact him directly. My GP is a nice enough chap but to be honest I wouldn't trust him to find his axxe with both hands!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.