I'm experiencing sweats that are not the hots eats associated with hormonal changes.

Posted , 8 users are following.

It's almost unbearable as the sweats seem to precede the pain.

anyone out there who has this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i get very tired then get hot and cold sweats before a flair

• Posted

I get the cold sweats normally when I am trying to sleep. My doctor said it is part of Sjogren's. I have lowered my heat and make sure I am not covered with too many blankets. That helps just a tiny bit. I don't get flairs; I have it all of the time. I am sixty six and it is certainly not hormonal. Blessings, donna

• Posted

EXCACTLY AND D IVE HAD IT FIR 30 odd YEARS NOW....?GRRRR wet toweks aroundthe neck are good even in bed..

• Posted

Try lowering your thermostat and make sure that you aren't covered with a very heavy blanket. Blessings, donna

• Posted

I have experienced the sweats and had no idea it was related to Sjogrens. That is disheartening to hear. Now that you mention it, it is right before and during a flare.

Does anyone else have neuropathy from Sjogrens? I have both Small Fiber Neuropathy, Length dependant neuropathy, and Autonomic Neuropathy. I always assumed all the sweating episodes were from the autonomic neuropathy. It's also affecting my swallowing, bladder control, heart--tachycardia, and now hearing. But the worst of all of that is the pain from the nearves dying. It"s up to my knees and starting in on my thighs and fingertips now. I am having a hard time trying to handle it over and over again. Thinking of getting a nerve stimulator permanently inserted to block all the pain signals. Has anyone ever tried that?

• Posted

I am so sorry what you are going through. I am sixty six and I do have neuropathy in my feet; I did have drop foot in 2013 but I was able to recover my toes. I am affected in both feet though and I also have facial neuropathy which is the worst. I have burning mouth syndrome in my lower lip as well but the pain is excruciating. My swallow is affected too and I do spit up liquids including water but not food. I had a surgeon try to insert a nerve stimulator in my cranial area for my mouth but after one hour of trying to make the impulses get beyond my shoulders, they decided my anatomy was too narrow and took it out. I know people have this done in their lower back and you can tell them you want it temporary so you can see if it works for you. You are in my prayers. Blessings, donna

• Posted

I get sweats from stomach pains due to Sjogren's related issues.

• Posted

I get sweats from stomach pains due to Sjogren's related issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.