I’m feeling constantly nauseas, every day.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest anything to help ease my symptoms or if anyone has any suggestions as to what it may be. For the past week or two, I have been waking up feeling really sick and feeling nauseas continually throughout the day. I have tried eating little and often, drinking plenty, taking anti-sickness tablets and a few other things but nothing seems to calm it enough or keep it at bay for longer than an hour. I do suffer with ibs but I have never experienced nausea this strong and this frequent with my ibs as it is mainly under control. I’m not saying it can’t be my ibs but I just want others’ opinions. I am seeing my doctor in two weeks as this is the earliest appointment I can get with him; however, I just want to ask for suggestions to help manage my symptoms during my wait. I also have quite a bad case of emetephobia (the phobia of vomiting) so if anyone has any tips to overcome that a little bit, they would be welcome to share as it may make my situation easier to handle. Anything would be really appreciated as it is starting to affect my school and work life, not to mention my social life and many other things like my appetite, my mental health and my sleep. Many thanks smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello I was reading your post. So you had this bad nausea and vomiting everyday for two weeks. I think it could be appendix. Where do you feel pain. Behind right ribs or low by yu our hips. Everyone I think has dear of vomiting. Just go with it don't get overlly scared. You will over one this. Don't worry or stress its not helping your situation. Be calm. You not going to die when you vomit. Though it seems like it right. Let me know what other pains or symptoms you have. Bye

• Posted

Hiya fernando90225, the only pain I have is stomach cramps at the top part of my abdomen but those pains seem more similar to my ibs cramps. It’s just mainly the nausea. Sometimes too with the nausea I feel quite dizzy too and sometimes I might have a headache. Many thanks for taking the time to reply too! smile
  • Posted

Have you tried an antispasmodic, a food diary or the Low Fodmap diet?
    • Posted

I have tried antispasmodics but they stopped working after a while. I actually haven’t committed to a food diary. I will try that along with my low fodmap diet. Thank you smile
    • Posted

You could ask for a different antispasmodic.  They all work differently and there are many on the market. You may have to try several.  Your body might have got used to the one you were taking and that is why it has stopped working.  Nurofen can also help.
  • Posted

Hi jO, have a read on net,about LECTINS in your food, might help .idea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.