I'm feeling so lost and alone right now nothing seems to make sense please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm Lilly 

I'm 17 and this year has been incredibly difficult for me I have experienced a tragedy and I can't seem to move forward I feel so low and anxious I've had panic attacks and nightmares and I can't focus on anything I tried to tell my parents about it before it got this bad but they dismissed it and I'm too scared to bring it up again I'm trapped in my own head please help me I don't know what to do 

4 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lilly. Please don't feel disheartened at your parents response. They probably just don't understand what you are going through. Unless someone has had a MH issue themselves it can be very hard (sometimes impossible) for them to understand. The way you feel now is changeable so be hopeful that you won't be feeling this way forever. Have you tried breathing techniques and calming rememdies for the panic attacks?

• Posted

Hi Lilly, I can understand your concern. I remember one of my friends also experienced such panic attacks. You need not worry, these can be cured. I think you should stop thinking about that frightful stimuli and instead focus on thinking something positive i.e. desensitising yourself from the fear. Try this exercise when you experience those panic attacks and nightmares. I know, it is easier said than done, it will take a lot of effort though but I think this can help, because whatever is happening with you is because of those negative, distorted thoughts.

Try and do things you love or something that would keep you engaged mentally. Or you can consult a counselor or a therapist. I recently consulted an online forum called as eWellness Expert wherein there are paychologists with wide amount of experience in their field. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.