I'm feeling very down!!.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies,

im feeling very low sort of depressed?

had this everyday now for weeks and not lifting or moving? I know I need somthing? But don't know what is best? 

As well as every symptom going I've had it and like everyone else come and goes!!.

im on the Mirena coil so I dont know if that goes against me on some of the medication u can buy? Heard some ladies on about St Jns wart? Black cosh and more what u can buy online from Amazon or health shops?

any feedback of u ladies would be great! .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've been there so I can certainly relate! Progestins can cause low mood in some women so it's possible the Mirena could be causing it. How long has it been in? If you are in perimenopause, the hormone fluctuations can also cause low mood. There are some OTC remedies such as St. Johns Wort or SAMe and possibly fish oil. I've read too that low vitamin D levels can cause low mood. But you should check with your doctor to see what remedies are safe to take for your health profile. Best of luck to you... hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Fluoxetine works well. I took it for years and starts to work fast.

St. John's wart is ok but takes long to feel the effect.

Femarelle helps with symptoms of depression but takes a while.

I would stick to allopathy rather than homeopathy for a quick result.

Be well. Xx

• Posted

Hi was just reading ur post and wondered how long u had bn on femeralle and how long it took to work. I had cn it advertised and read gr8 reviews but wasn't sure if they wer real or fake!! U appreciate ur thoughts xx

• Posted

Hey

I have been on it for a week now. Some effect. Less night sweats. But until it fully kicks in may take a while. Nonetheless I shall persist as I do not want to go back on HRT. Will keep u posted.

• Posted

Thanks for ur response. I only got it there now wen I checked my spam! ! I hv it ordered so here's hoping!! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.