I'm finding it really difficult to help my mother at the moment

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mother is almost 54 years old, and she's been suffering with MS since she were 17 years old.

But for last few months, I've been dealing with some mental health issues and because of that I've caused my mom nothing but misery and heartache, can somebody please help us?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you need  to be more specific as to what kind of help you are looking for.  
  • Posted

Hey! so i know how you feel my mum also has MS and i have been through alot of health issues myself in the last year. You just have to be thankful for what you have instead of focusing on the negative side of things as hard as that might be. Support for each other is the main thing! and as hard as things might be just remember that she is your mother and always will be and to keep your humour! because if you dont you will just be upset the only thing that keeps me going is humour!! everyone wants to laugh and be happy so if its a small joke or just anything that makes you happy that would be my advice smile i hope that helps a little and i hope you all are well and dont forget to smile X
  • Posted

Hi Andrew, I am so sorry you are going through this.  I live w/MS and it is difficult. I would contact the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and ask to speak to a navigator.  Say you need some respite care so you can tend to your own urgent health needs.  MS can cause emotional lability, or mood swings, so perhaps she is not as capable of expressing gratitude as she should be.  On her behalf, sorry but it may not be totally in her control.  Reach out to family members and also see if Medicare or insurance can help with a home health aide.  Get some "you" time in to take a walk, socialize with friends, take a nap, or read.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.