I'm finished?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, after the doctor visit today, I went out to Gorey and something weird happened both in the town and during the late evening. Essentially, my left leg was weaker in comparison to my right leg and the left side of my face felt strange as well, particularly below the eye. The top of my head also feels weird at present, like my hair is jumping up. I think I'm going to die in the next few weeks. It's been a good one I think...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What did the doctor say, Liam?
    • Posted

He said I was fine: mind you, these problems started after the basic eye exam (I filled out a form for a more complex one that I will get a callback on). 

I don't want to be annoying, but I'm going to go back to the doctor and get another checkup. I'm also preparing for death at the same time, going into nothingness. 

• Posted

I think it's a good idea to go back to your doctor and to go through with the in-depth eye exam. I suppose it's not such a bad idea for anyone to be prepared for death, but I don't think you should put your future on hold - you may well have another 70 years to get through!

When you go back to the doctor, can you ask for a referral to a neurologist? Not that I think you need one, but it might reassure you (though probably won't).

Once you've had all the investigations you really need to start addressing your health anxiety. That's almost certainly what's causing all your symptoms.

• Posted

Already got a counsellor scheduled for the 14th of August (in a way, if I do happen to have CJD they may still be useful at that date since I believe younger people with CJD have longer lifespans, at least if I happen to have the VV1 variant of CJD or if I had Ataxic CJD). 

I'm also planning on scheduling another appointment and am hoping to get an in-depth eye exam (honestly, the blackness thing hasn't happened again so I think it's likely that it could have been me thinking that everything went black, but instead it was actually the screen). 

At this point in time, facitulations are kind of on and off, but they aren't isolated to the left part of my body which is kind fo a relief. 

• Posted

It sounds like you have Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Liam.

It won't help you if your doctor tells you that you are fine. What the doctor means is that you haven't got whatever you thought you had.

It doesn't seem at all likely that you are facing an imminent death. I believe that counselling will help you to stop panicking about illnesses and death, and also help you to understand why you have developed GAD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.