I'm freaking out! Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

My abscess as of today is starting to swell back up! I have a word catheter in and it's still be draining. I seriously don't know why it's doing this! There's no pain associated with the extra swelling. Has this happened to anyone before and should I go to the hospital? It's been 2 and a half weeks since I've had it drained and I'm supposed to get the catheter removed in 3 days.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did they only drain it? Or did they do the marsupialization?
    • Posted

They only cut it open and drained it and then inserted the word catheter to keep it draining
    • Posted

The first time I got one they did the same thing to me. Then I was told that draining them doesn't get rid of them. They should have done the marsupialization while draining. I had my op three days ago and the whole procedure including draining took about 20-30mins.

Unfortunately with only the draining they won't go away. I feel how annoyed you are they did the same thing with me.

• Posted

They said they couldn't do the marsupialization because it was too inflamed and it was starting an infection. My doctor told me the next time I get one they will do the marsupialization before it gets infected. Can they do the marsupialization after they already drained it and put the word catheter in?
    • Posted

That's a load of bs, mine was infected and the size of a golf ball. I had to call a ambo to take me to hospital I couldn't walk or anything. The surgeon said to me it's extremely infected and needs to be drained but if we drain it we might as well do the marsupialization at the same time. So they did. The first time it happened to me they told me the same thing. They would only do the surgery after the infection was gone, then once it was gone the excise they used was 'we can't perform the op cause we don't know exactly where the infection is coming through so next time it gets infected we will do it'

They tell so many different stories. I'm 33w pregnant and I had it done so there is no reason they couldn't do it to you.

• Posted

Don't hesitate to go to hospital, I was in & out of hospital collapsing with bowel blockages, excruciating pain every time!! 8 months later my appendix burst in another part of England,I had emergency surgery took 5 hours to get the poison out of me!!  I begged the consultant at the time to take me into surgery but they wouldn't!! Hence I've ended up with  a urostomy bag!! & dreadful bowel problems!! Keep well,😬

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.