I'm frightened

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All, I'm waiting for results of an MRI which was done last week, I'm suffering from lack of information and fear of the unknown, I have been told (just as a passing comment) that I must have a TAH and soon as I have a mass detected by an ultrasound done 2/3 weeks ago, then for more detail they've done an MRI, it's worrying as I don't have any family (females anyway) to talk to about this. Just waiting....waiting for a call or a letter from the hospital, I rang the secretary who said I was to be discussed at next weeks meeting and (again, in passing) said maybe they'll do a biopsy first, I just want it done, I could cry with the fear and worry.....I need some reassurance ladys...HELP

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry trying to make a comment and not working
  • Posted

Try again

please try not to worry, my oncologist found something but didn't know what so said on scale of 1 to 10 we will put you in the middle so he suggested a hysterectomy

• Posted

Thanx for the support Mel, I'll ket you know how it goes in the coming weeks rolleyes

• Posted

I was terrified, but didn't need to be following op I felt rough for about 24 hours then fine after that, didn't even need pain killers, went for walks as advised and was great if a bit slower on my feet
  • Posted

Had to wait for results and came back benign so all good. But as for system it is rubbish and they scare the life out of you (I still don't know what it was, but just greatful it wasn't cancer, and no follow up or explanation!!!)

but individuals are amazing my oncologist was great and did the op himself. 

Hope this helps, from the biggest worrier in the world x 

• Posted

Hi, I understand completely.  I had an ultrasound which showed something then GP referred me to a Gynacologist who did a hysteroscopy D&C and removed a polyp which was sent to pathology, it all happened so fast I was diagnosed with stage 1 endometrial carsonoma and required FAH ASAP.  It all happened very quickly.  Make sure you ask the Drs everything you want to know.  

Take ke care and let us all know how you get on.

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Pollyhen 

Sending you a cyber hug. ..

A really difficult thing but try not to worry, it really can become all encompassing. 

I am 10 weeks post TAH as I had large fibroids

If you have to have the same don't be afraid, you'll be just fine ☺, there might be times when you'll question that but honestly, you'll come out the other side.

Good luck and keep us posted, we'll all be here to support you x

• Posted

Hi there i am 10 weeks post full abdominal hysterectomy.Because of large cyst on left ovary.Found out it was boaderline then had to have a CTscan to check everywhere else and everything was fine.But just have to have another CT scan to check my liver for completion.But this is prity common.
  • Posted

Try not to worry... Easier said than done I know but at the moment they don't know what the mass is so try think positive... You may not have to have a TAH... A biopsy would be probably be wise as if it's benign then you might not have to have a TAH... So try keep positive and tell yourself all will be well once again.... This "situation" will soon pass... Sending positive vibes your way... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.