I'm getting desparate!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok,

So i'm new to Zopiclone I have suffered with struggling to sleep for years but I feel i'm getting totally desp now... My doctor prescribed me zopiclone 7.5mg a few weeks ago and the first one i took helped a little I've never been one to take drugs of any kind and would rather put up with a migrane or other pain than take anything I don't have an addictive nature I have tried relaxation techniques etc and even these tablets dont do anything for me I quite often work 15 hour shifts with say 11 hours off between and only have 2-3 hours sleep, I find that if I dont go to bed/sleep when I feel tired then i have no chance at all... I am a truck driver and can not put myself and others at risk with this... I always feel wired I have never fallen asleep at the wheel but functioning on very little sleep slows anyones reactions down and it can take a split second for something to go wrong... It's reducing me to tears and if anyone has any advice at all I would really appreciate it I dont want to be taking tablets whethere they work or not but these zopiclone don't do anything for me at all... I have also tried herbal tablets erm... tamazipam which do nothing SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :o(

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, you shouldn't feel ashamed for taking a sleeping pill. Suggest you get yourself a pill cutter & reduce to 3.5mg. I don't believe Z is addictive. I wish you well. mq7
  • Posted

Hi there mq7

I'm not ashamed of taking the sleeping pill i just dont want to rely on them etc and also cutting it to 3.5 wouldn't do anything as the 7.5 dont work now ha ha thats why i'm getting desp... everything i have tried aint worked n these dont either... I DON'T SLEEP!!!! he he he that wasn't aimed at you it wa just in general :cry:

thanks Emie

• Posted

hi,i dont normaly write but came across this site just browsing the web,since i was a kid ive always had sleeping problems or nocturnal or some think,cut a long sory short i was involed in a car accident about 12 years ago,only then i asked the doctor for help as laying around with a busted leg and not being able to sleep just added to the prolems,so they gave zopiclone-zimovane 7.5mg i was a bit worried about taking them but had to give it a try,i ended up taking two per night and still do,they make me sleep for about 5-6 hours and i havent felt better,like any drug they are addictive !!!but if they make your life easier what the harm ive never suffered from any side affects todate,im in the car trade so drive alot but i will say one thing dont drive if you are tired perhaps it the stress of your job ! what makes you not sleep !i hope this helps as i now there are a lot of posts on this sight half of them sound like d-----s,,,,,, smile
  • Posted

[b:7fb158194a]Emie194[/b:7fb158194a]

I see your post is a few months old but I feel for you if zopiclone has no effect on you. I've had terrible insomnia all my life and it puts me out like a light. My sister was prescribed some recently and it had no effect at all on her. Obviously people process these things differently. I know some people swear by Venaflaxine as a sleep-aid, others find it actually disrupts their sleep. Also Mitrazine works beautifully as a sleep aid for some, while on others it has no effect.

It might be worth trying them and you might find they do for you what zopiclone does for other. They are (I think) primarily anti-depressants but I know protracted sleeplessness leaves me depressed, so perhaps the anti-depressant effect will help you too.

Good luck and I hope you find one that works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.