I'm getting really concerned, for two months I have this sensation of a big flem stuck in my throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am here to find out if someone can help. I have gone to ent doctor, gastroenterologist and nothing. I have a sensation of something stuck in my throat. I clear it, try to spit it out even try vomiting and it still there it's like a big flem stuck constantly 

How can I make this go away. It's really affecting me already 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You've put this in the right forum - its Globus Sensation.

How to get rid of it is a fantastic question, which I don't think anyone knows the answer to.

Sometimes people have coexistent anxiety and treating the anxiety can get rid of the Globus Sensation.

• Posted

I'm sorry this has happened. It can be difficult as Globus is a mischievous thing to get your head around and doctors do not know how to treat it as it can be caused by so many different things. Sometimes it can feel like it's all in your mind and difficult to grasp why it comes and goes.

All I would suggest is try different things and see if they work for you. Muscle tightness can be the source so you could either visit a physiotherapist, osteopath or chiropractor, or search for neck stretches online. I think there may be a link to neck stretches on this forum somewhere.

Best of luck

Sheila

PS the key is to manage the symptoms, you may not get rid of it as such

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.