I'm going in for surgery... Sooo scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Finally im going in for surgery tom. Im so nervous and scared i know thats normal but im so worried something awful will happen. Im having a 7cm cyst removed and sterilization done. My dr. Recomended sterilization because i am 42 and dont want any more kids ice had a copper iud in for years i needed a new kind of birth control and cant take anything that messes with your hormones so i went with the sterilization but im so upset just the fact that i cant ever have a child again is so sad even tho i dont want anymore. Im just so nervous today i cant even type this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good luck! I can't relate too much as I'm only 23 years old and no children but I can relate on having a cyst at 10cm ish. And looks like im having an op but having ct scan tomorrow and follow up on 30th. I am very worried about the op and worried something will go wrong but trust me they would have done this op so so many times and they know what they are doing! 

Good luck and I hope it goes ok! Keep us updated x

• Posted

Thank you. It really helps knowing im not alone. And that you reminded me that they have done this stuff for along time. Ive just never had surgey before. I hate feeling so nervous about it tho. Im so off edge about it everything is making me irritable and its so annoying. I cant wait til this is over. I talked to my mom about it she had this done years ago. The only thing i worry about is it happening again. My mom said tohave everything removed cuz it will keep happening . she said its hereditary. But of course they wont do it unless necessary. Anyhow i thank you very much for the reassurance. Ill ill keep you all updated.
    • Posted

Please do! It was the first surgery I had as well. Hang in there - once it's all over you'll realize just how strong you really are! 😊

• Posted

I was extremely nervous before my surgery too. It went very well though and I'm sure yours will also. Just think, the day after tomorrow it will be all done and you won't have to worry anymore! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.