I'm handling Lichen Sclerosus ok

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm new on here I'm 51 I have not gone through the menopause but was diagnosed with lichen sclerosus back in February I'd been having problems for a while when I went to the Dr's she tested me for all sorts of things I did tell her this was what I thought I had she put me on Clobavate ointment all hospital appointment's I got real quick so didn't have months to wait the Dr at the hospital changed this to Dermovate Cream I was last at the hospital 20th April and this cream has been great I only use it as and when I need to (not very often) but have to go back to Dr's if I find any changes because it's a steroid cream  fingers crossed everything is going well xxo 😀

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I remember once I got the cream many years ago it was great how it knocked all the symptoms. Hope it continues to go well for you.
  • Posted

Sounds like you're doing really well! Glad you came here.
  • Posted

Thanks I seem to have had it easy compared to some on here but if it hadn't been for me looking on this sight I might not have been diagnosed as quick as I did xxo
  • Posted

Hi,  Some people find the cream irritates as it contains substances that can irritate.  Most of us on here are prescribed Dermovate Ointment.  I hope this is what you have but if not may be worth remembering if you start becoming irritated. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.