I'm happy, healthy, except for these daily headaches!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm suffering from daily headaches and sofar , I (and my doctor) haven't been able to find out what the cause might be. Here is my story.

It all started 5-6 months ago. I had maybe once a month this "headache attack". The scenario goes like this:

It starts slowly, on more or less random moments. Builds up to a maximum in 10-15 minutes where it really starts hurting. It goes up linear, without pulsating.  Then it slows down and disappears after 15 minutes. So the whole cycle lasts 20-30 minutes. When it happens, I have tears coming out of my eyes and my nose running. I have difficulty in keeping my left eye open.  The pain is intense and precisely located in the top left of my brain and left temple.

In the beginning it was always during the evening between 21:00 and 24:00.

Then, it became twice a month. Than once a week. And since 3-4 weeks it's every day. Once or twice a day. Either afternoon, either evening, either during the night when I sleep and it wakens me up. Never in the morning.

When it happens, I take some paracetamol, but that just reduces the pain a bit. I had an MRI (with injection) done. Result: nothing.

Before and after the attack, everything is perfect. I have no pain, dizzyness or other symptoms. I'm a 59 year old male and I have a pretty stressless life. No worries whatsoever. I take no pills or medicins whatsoever.

I work at home and I spend quite a lot of time behind my computer, but I take care that I'm in the right position, have the right glasses, a good screen, and I take a break every 45-60 minutes.

As far as food/drink is concerned. I do drink alcool . So I tried changing that. Other drinks, no drinks. But no change. Similar for smoking. My nutrition, which is maybe not the healthiest in the world, has been the same for the last 15 years, so I don't see any relation with that either.

I'm running a bit out of ideas.  If anyone here recognizes the same symptoms, I would like to hear from you, and especially what you did to cure it.

Thank a lot in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you thought about not using the computer for a while. I've had problems - not the same as you - but head problems.  Going to the gym, getting fresh air and trying to stop thinking about the head problems are all I have to reduce the impact.

Since I HAVE to work on a computer, it's hard to do.

• Posted

Well, I'm my own boss. And it happens regularly that I don't use my computer for a whole day. Like yesterday. But still had 2 "attacks" yesterday. But I haven't tried to not use my computer for several days...
  • Posted

Hi. It may be a good idea to ask GP to refer you to a neurologist.  I have had a constant headache in varying degrees of severity for last five months and saw neurologist two weeks ago.  He diagnosed chronic migraine which can start at any time in life and may be hard to find trigger.  He has prescribed naproxen which has actually started helping.  Still have headache and is particularly worse in mornings but I have felt an improvement.

Due for follow up in 2 weeks and if still same will be referred for Botox.

He also said to stop taking any other painkillers as they can cause medication headaches.  I was having 2-3 severe migraines on top of usual headache in a week but much improved now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.