I'm having a bad day with anxiety but that's ok.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was sitting in the shower last night with my husband. He was giving me a hug while I was crying as the last couple of days of anxiety got the better of me.

I started babbling on about how unfair it was, what have I done to deserve this? Is it going to come back and I'll be stuck with this forever? Why is this happening? But I got over my last episode in a day, why has it stayed around for 3 days? Ill never be able to have a baby if I'm like this. And so on...

So, my partner calmed me as he always does when I go through this and said these words:

You have an illness, you will go through this from time to time.

It will pass, remember you had 2 weeks of feeling well, you had a day setback and then you were fine for a month. You're fighting this and you're stronger than you think.

Its all anxiety that's feeding this.

I know this has taken a bit longer this time round but think of it as a cold, they are never the same, and anxiety is like this. It may take a bit longer to get over it this time.

Immediately I felt better and ate dinner with no problem. I have some heart pulpitations today but its not bad. I will remember his words and the support that you have all given me when I have those bad days, well... bad week this time round ??

I will get better again.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Feeling like you. My partner is also very great and supportive. He had to hold me through my break down today due to bad anxiety for the last 2 weeks. Stay strong
    • Posted

Thanks Mandie,

I only just got internet back and data on phone so I haven't been able to see the replies to my thread ??

Staying strong. Started feeling better after a bad week and just now coming down with a cold which has set it off again, YAY!

I hope you're feeling better? X

• Posted

Thank you for this. I had a really good week then three awful days, today is a bit better.

I am working hard for the time when I will go a couple weeks without symptoms and later month and months!!!

• Posted

I think what gets me down is that I can't stop thinking about it and then it won't go away. it's awful.

• Posted

Hi Diane! Good to know that your ratio is getting better. That's 7:3, 7 being your GOOD days and 3 being your bad ones.

I pray that you get months of happy days and just minutes of not-so good ones smile That moment will come, embrace it.

• Posted

It's a bad thing to experience. I am having a tough time right now with it so understand the tears and frustration. Prayers for healing of all here sufferring

• Posted

Amen Bucket! And thank you for including everyone in your prayers.

• Posted

Hi Lind! Yes dear, you are definitely getting better again. Every attack is different, sometimes tolerable, most of the times not. It breaks us to pieces whenever we experience it. Consider yourself lucky that you have a very supportive husband...that's a very big big help. When you have someone who understands your pains and fears, sticking by you everytime you feel down, that's a blessing.

I hope and pray that you get better soon...with more months well and just minutes of attacks (sorry can't tell you you'll be well forever coz that's giving false hopes. We do know that this disorder go...and unfortunately misses us so it comes back without any invitations smile )

God bless us...

• Posted

Thanks Liza,

I am super lucky to have such a supportive partner. I'm 37, have a great job, amazing friends, beautiful house, no money worries and as far as I know, I'm healthy (although we are trying to have children which we are finding difficult but I don't feel I'm stressing over that anymore). I always wonder why I have anxiety and can't understand why I have developed it but I have stopped wondering why and just accept it.

• Posted

Good for you, Linda. Acceptance creates a place from which things can change. smile

• Posted

What a beautiful relationshio you have! Just tear jerking beautiful. You are blessed. He is correct. Actual illness set this off. Hang in there dont decongestanrs they trigger anxiety sky high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.