I'm having a flare-up and am not sure what to think...

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have had the odd minor flare up (irritation more than any other symptom) since being diagnosed about 2 years ago, but am curerntly experiencing the deep itch in a couple of places that led me to be diagnosed in the first place. I have been using clob for 2 weeks, but the itch hasn't tapered off yet. I remember when the symptoms first started 2 years ago, it took a while to get things under control, so I guess I'm just being impatient.I'm just worried that I've not really had any improvement yet and so now I'm worried that the clob is not working anymore (although it always has). I've just started using the miracle EMUAID in desperation, but no miracle so far sad Arrrrghhh! Just feeling confused and a bit down. Sorry to moan, but any advice would be very welcome. 

Thank you!

JenR

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Suppose you have tried a solution of bicarb of soda  dabbed on?    Instant relief from the itching.     I know this isnt relevant, but it works really well for nettle stings too....  

Xx

• Posted

I would just suggest you keep the area moisturized all thru the day with Aquaphor and treat with the Clobetasol at night maybe. Also I find if I am in a hurry and frazzled from shopping or working hard the anxiety comes on and then a flare up so it is important to calm down emotionally. I hope something works for you.
  • Posted

Hi jenr, you are in a nasty flare up, and I honestly believe that the deep itch that you refer to is caused by diet, ie too much sugar, or possibly a problem with gluten or maybe some other dietary problem which means the cream wont make it go away. The cream is great for sores/cuts etc but not so much for the itch that you refer to.  I am pretty sure I am correct on this and I think you will need to look at your diet.

I have only experienced this itch once! so I have been fortunate and it was after a weekend of celebration that lasted for a few days of over eating, and fortunately once I stopped and started to eat better it went away.  I know it's depressing, but I firmly believe that you need to look closely at what you are eating, sugar is often hidden and is in a LOT of foods. 

• Posted

Hi Jenr, I also have the Emuaid, but the Dermovate cream helps me instantly.  Are you able to get some? There are many other ideas on this discussion, is bathing with bicarb etc...perhaps sift through some of these past messages for suggestions.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Thanks so much Ladies! I have the Dermovate, which helps. It's just that it usually sorts me out a lot faster...I guess this is a 'real' flare-up rather than a bit of irritation which I've had in the past (lucky me I suppose).

I also managed to speak to my Dermatologist yesterday and she told me to use the Dermovate twice a day for 2 weeks (instead of 1 a day) and then taper off gradually. Your replies and her advice really calmed me down, which has already helped I think (stress/anixety is a real factor for me I think). I have also left out the sugar for the last couple of days too - thanks Guppy.

I'm feeling better all round today, thanks again to you all!

Jen R

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.