I'm having a relapse?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

As some of you know, I started having anxiety attacks/depression a few months back. I started receiving counselling and managed to get myself back on track. But now I seem to be falling back into my old ways again. I seem to be thinking that everything that happens in my life is my fault, I feel empty again and like I want/need to be loved and that I have serious health issues.

I, for one know that I don't have serious health issues, and I am thankful for this. At the moment, I have sore, stingy eyes due to lack of sleep and headaches too, due to dehydration. I am trying to balance exercise, health and life, but I feel like my anxiety attacks/ depression is weighing me down.

Everytime I have a negative thought relating to my health, or my family's health, I go absolutely beserk. And I also get thoughts like: 'What if no-one really loves me? Why am I so misunderstood' etc.

I know they are utter rubbish, but I can't seem to escape them or distract myself enough. I hate re-occuring thoughts. I hate anxiety and I hate depression. I hate the feelings they bring. I've been trying to get as much of it out my system as possible through different outlets, and I have been praying a lot.

It seems to work, until I go to bed at night. My thoughts keep me up and drive me crazy. I am trying natural sleeping pills at the moment, but nothing seems to be working, though I am fine when I eventually go to sleep (until someone wakes me up unessecarily).

What do I do? I feel like giving up. I feel like everything is just too much for me. I feel like everything I do damages my health, my relationships and that everything which happens to me is my fault.

Can someone help me get to the bottom of this once and for all? Thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I can fully relate to where you are got that t shirt and the next one when just as you think cracked dank it if it doesn't sneak back lol 

and it's so annoying to not sleep worst of all as that leaves you horrible and so the circle goes 

I now read at night I have a warm drink I talk to my Sig who doesn't mind what I look like she loves me and I can tell all my worries fears and she licks me, free therapy session 

have a good Xmas and enjoy 

• Posted

Yeah, I usually can't sleep until about 4-5am most days. It really irritates me, especially when I have to wake up the next day early. It's a vicious cycle, isn't it? rolleyes You keep worrying about stupid stuff, like runing C'mas. C'mon. It isn't gonna happen. It plays on your mind and makes you worse.

I try to talk to people I trust, but sometimes I feel like they don't understand me. I talk to God a lot, and it does help (well, for me it does anyway). And reading sounds good too. I try the breathing exercises. They're not bad. They work for a while.. It's a start

I write down stuff and try to sort it out. It also helps a bit. I'm trying to manage and control these thoughts/feelings and rationalize them, but sometimes it is hard. I need to get better at it.

And same to you smile Hope you get loads of gifts.

• Posted

Hi 

not expecting loads of gifts we have kept Xmas v low key no decs but will have a breakfast and lunch we really enjoy a nice walk 

my two boyz r here another one is in Australia and a daughter in south Africa 

enjoy it's just a bigger Sunday 

Yep talk to God take yourself out and chat away you can always look for fido if someone questions you 

write it down and then burn it let someone somebeing have your problems and worries 

tc

• Posted

That's nice smile

I talk to God as much as I can, and I thank him for everything. And I talk about my issues, and that also helps.

• Posted

Overthinking is the worst feeling and you start to have irrational thoughts which then cause more low mood and depression it's a vicious cycle I find myself in all the time. 

Don't give up you can and will get through this I promise. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.