I’m having a TKR in 2 weeks, should I buy a cryo cuff for rehab

Posted , 13 users are following.

as above really, I’ve been reading threads about the operation and rehabilitation and it seems that quite a few have found a cryo cuff helpful in rehab. 4 weeks ago I had an arthroscopy on other knee and have iced it regularly with an ice pack and elastic cover, especially when I’d overdone excercise.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I found it very useful, not only does it cool your knee it gives slight compression too which reduces the swelling. I just cooled the water down by putting in bottles of frozen water. 
  • Posted

Icing is the key and how you do it is up to you. I have a cyro cuff but found them to be restrictive. I found the blue gel pack ( largest you can find) to be the best. No mess, quick recovery, much less expensive and you can put it on the exact spot needed.
  • Posted

Luckily my company have health cover,so when I had my TKR I was given a cryocuff and they excellent,check before you purchase one to see if can get one on your cover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.