I'm having alot of knee pain from my osteoarthritis

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking 2 Glucosamine Chondroitin tablets daily for 7 months now.  It was helping ease the pain for about 5 months and now they don't seem to be helping anymore.  Any suggestions ?  Would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I think our bodies get used to tablets after a while and pain killers then stop

being effective.  The only thing to do, in my opinion, is to ask the doctor for a change of tablet.

I have poly arthritis so am in pain every day, no point of thinking about operations.  I take cocodomol, but never more then 4 per day.  They don't stop the pains,  but they 'dull' them.

Sometimes it's difficult to manage, but, however much pain we are in, it won't kill us!!!!

Keep smiling.  ????

• Posted

i would say back to gp. i`m on codeine and like constance.de says it makes the pain bearable. 

Thinki`m gona go get my blood checked again for R.A. did some gardening over 2 days and today i`m as stiff as the tin man all over. Felt like flu symptoms and thought i had temperature but didn`t 

• Posted

My husband is on 30 painkillers a day and still in agony with every move he makes. Janet I think your body starts to get used to them and stop working. HAve you spoke to your doctor.
  • Posted

Glucosomine Chondroitin is not tested by any agency, no FDA. You might as well go to the beach and eat shark's shells, that is what it is supposed to be, it could be sugar tabs. I would suggest going to your Dr and hopefully obtaining a RX that will help you. Also I've seen exercise and nutrition to help. I have OA and after 5 yrs had nid-foot fusion on 2 metatarsals, 1 month post-op, everything is good so far. Good Luck with your pain!

• Posted

Prior to having my replacement knees, I

Used Voltarol cream, available from Dr.

Better than taking tabl ets as try can upset your stomach.

• Posted

I'm taking zapain, which is codeine and paracetamol in one and ibuprofen but I find I get a sickly feeling when taking them so I have to take omeprazole to help with that I think diclofenac was better but then it was banned and I got changed to naproxen which didn't help

• Posted

Are you due to have your knees replaced, if so you should hang in there.

Not surprised your stomach is suffering.

Ibuprofen is well known for upsetting your stomach, if you dropped the Ibuorofen and asked if your Dr if he would consider Diclofenac cream, you may find an improvement. Goodluck. 

• Posted

Hi Janet - I have OA in my knees and use ultrasound (after stomach problems too from pain pills).  There are a few on the market but I have the sonic relief. You put it on 1-2 times per day and my pain is really reduced. not so stiff.  I don't like taking medications so this is good for me.  I've used it on my fingers too that are starting to get arthritis

• Posted

Hi Crystbain,

I've never heard of sonic relief u.s. for home use. Where would you purchase this, do you need a RX?

• Posted

I purchased it online - you can search it i'm sure - sonic relief ultrasound.  No RX needed.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.