i'm having constant headaches because of new sleeping schedule

Posted , 1 user is following.

since my teenage years i used to sleep alot. i used to sleep 9 hours on weekdays , on weekend i slept 10-12hours. i did that until now. now i'm 26yrs old, doing a job but recently my job was changed now i have to work 6.00am-10am and 5.00pm-11.30pm. a morning and a night shift.

so I've been trying sleep less for only 7-6 hrs a day but it's causing either migraine (i'm a mild migrainesufferer. had consulted doctors few times for it) or a tension headache on the right side of my head. now i have a headache at least once every 3 days and rely on painkillers. (paracetamol)

my question is will it go away if i stick to my new sleeping schedule? should i see a doctor?

btw i don't live a very healthy lifestyle. i don't do exercises and don't eat much healthier food. i drink alot of water though and cut back on coffee.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.