I'm having heavy periods every 2 weeks - help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 30 and for the last 4 months I have been having my period every two weeks and it lasts for 2 weeks as well (some times I have spotting between periods). 

My periods are very heavy and I am passing large blood clots too and experience flooding everytime I experience really bad period pains too.

I went to my GP and had an exam she sent me for a transvaginal scan and I just had a call today saying that she is referring me to a gynocoalogist because they couldn't see the lining of my womb - I'm now worried my GP said it could just be blood clots, could this be anything else I felt she was just trying to put my mind at rest saying it may just be blood clots.

Could it be blood clots, If it is blood clots what does this mean and what do they do?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My periods are exactly the same flooding heavy with huge clots.i had a scan where it did show my lining though it was thick and a endometrial clot too I'm

Thinking that means a blood

Clot too.maybe your gp is saying your womb inside is full of blood and clots which is not allowing the lining to be visible on the scan.i wouldn't worry too much.did she say how long your hump appt will

Be? Xxx

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are having similar issues.

My GP said I will receive a letter in the next 7 days but not how long I would have to wait to see a Gyno but she was requesting a hysteroscopy too 🙁 I've been looking this up and maybe I should have now.

it just worries me because I haven't had any issues before this, and when I went for my scan I had just finished my period 3 days prior, so I don't understand where all this blood is coming from or how it could be blood clots.

Do you have to see a gunk too? Xx

• Posted

You get clots when you've got heavy flow. I think you need to get your blood work done. My be due to hormonal imbalance. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.