I'm having my ovaries taken out in 2 weeks due to cysts. I had a hystertomy a year ago .

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a lot of scar tissue with the hystertomy they did the DaVinci and had to have 4 extra incisions. Now my ovaries have to come out and I kinda know what to expect . I heard this surgery was worse . Looking for feedback as how it went , recovary time and if you had to stay in the Hospital? Thank you in advance

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacy,

It wasn't worse for me, but my hysterectomy was an abdominal one a few years ago, and that left a lot of adhesions that had to be cut before the surgeon could remove my ovary, tube and the cyst.

I had a prolapse repair done vaginally at the same time, and that was by far the worse of the two.

It really wouldn't worry me if I had to have the other ovary removed.

My friend had both of hers removed and was only in hospital two days, and was ok apart from tiredness for a couple of weeks after.

You just need to rest afterwards and get your strength back, but you'll be fine.x.

• Posted

I had my ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed with a lot of scar tissue also. Laparoscopic surgery. It was out patient. Recovery was easier than what I thought. Did not need to take the narcotics doctor gave me. Advil was just fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.