I'm having some very unusual feelings similar to vertigo

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey there. So, for about 7 months now, I've been to a couple ENTs, and 1 neurologist for dizziness. All have basically cleared me from that. I don't have an infection. I have been using 2 allergy nasal sprays, and antihistamine, and getting allergy shots because of bad allergiees. I just got though a wave of massive migraine headaches. My current neurologist put me on topimax. That has helped the pain. But for while I've been dealing with all this pressure. The biggest issue I'm having now is I'm getting these dropping feelings when walking, setting, and even laying. It seems that its gotten to the point to where if I'm laying in my bed, I'll feel shaking. We have a little Yorke and she comes up with me sometimes. But now I can't tell if she's walking around or not. I live in a humid city, but the humidify hasn't been a problem before for me. I feel so much mass and weight on me. Even setting in a car when its not moving I feel the dropping feeling. Again, when I walk it feels like the ground is moving or when you just get off the elevator. Has anyone had anything like this? I am blind in my right eye with a prosthetic eye but again, I've adapted from that. I'm taking remeron and lexapro. I've actually been on more before with no problem.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had vertigo for ov3 months.  Initially diagnosed with BPPV, the vestibular neuritis and now I am getting treatment for Vestibular migraines.  I was prescribed norotripline by the ENT for migraines to see if it helped.  I had immediate relief.  What I have been told and have researched is to treat vestibular migraines they prescribe norotriptiline or amatriptoline.  If you have migraines it can cause vertigo symptoms.  In fact- you can have vestibular migraines without actually having the pain of a migraine. Look it up and see if it applies to you.  If it does be our own advocate and ask your doctor to prescribe one of the 2 medications I mentioned.  They also use a beta blocker blood pressure medication with it.  I am finally getting my life back- I feel normal.  You have to push these doctors- what I've learned is they don't know.  But if you ask to try a med they seem to be ok with it.  If it doesn't help then you can rule it out. Mine was a shot in the dark.  So I had been misdiagnosed for months it appears.  You really may be on the wrong med.  this med has stopped the vertigo symptoms- the dizziness, foggy feeling, having things move around me, the Nasea.  The way I see it- how will it hurt to try.  Had I not done my research and asked I would stee sitting here in a fog with no life.  Look up vestibular migraines- symptoms and treatment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.