I'm home alone for a week.

Posted , 4 users are following.

basically, I'm 21 almost 22 and my mum and dad have just left to go on holiday for a week and I am petrified.  They are who I relie on, my support system and they are gone for a week.  I don't know how I'm going to cope being alone for so long.  I'm nearly 22, like I should not be feeling this way but I am extremely scared.  What do I do? What can I do to help myself get through? ANY advice at all would be extremely extremely appreciated xx

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi Lauren. Please try and calm down. It is the thought that is worse than the reality. You need to keep busy. Plan things to do each day, write the plans down if you have to and stick to them. I find television can help u escape, I also have colouring books with lots of intricate patterns to colour. They are all popular in shops at the moment as they take your mind of stuff. Go for a walk, wash your hair, clean your room,go to the shops for a browse... Just do something rather than nothing, doing nothing and just sitting around is the worse possible thing you can do this week. Message me everyday if you need a chat. I'm here. I know you feel uncomfortable this week but I assure you, you can get through this, one day at a time. Stop beating yourself and allow yourself to feel vulnerable, yes it will be uncomfortable, but you won't die, you will survive and stop thinking about a whole week, we're just getting through today at the moment, ok? Just today, we will think about tomorrow when it comes tomorrow, I'm here for you. You're not alone!!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much.  I have loads of colouring in books I've just recently started to knit so I'm going to do that as often as possible.  I also have a planner so I might decorate that.. I've managed to calm down a bit so hoping I stay this way.  I'll pop you a message if anything changes if that's ok? I find speaking to people can take my mind of things but you're right, I do need to just keep as active as possible sad it's night time that's worrying me the most tbh sad x

• Posted

Yes you can message me any time Lauren. No problem at all
  • Posted

You are safe love. You are safe that you must realize. Do you have any close friends? Keep a few lights on to comfort you. You can even sleep in your parents bed if that helps. Otherwise stay in the routine you are used too. The week will fly by.
  • Posted

Yes I thought the night time would be the worst time.

I remember the first time my parents went away for 2 weeks.

Days were ok but nights were not so.

I remember keeping busy with drawing. Perhaps a friend could stay over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.