I'm in pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have haemorrhoids/anal fissure and I am too scared to go to the doctor!

My first issue was back in June. I had trouble for a few weeks on and off, changed my diet and things started to go okay. I had slight pain during BM but nothing major and eventually the pain went away, the bleeding stopped and everything was fine for a few weeks... Until this weekend!

It is my fault. I was on a weekend away and we did a lot of walking. I held it in and when I found a toilet, I didn't take my time and really forced myself to go as I didn't want to hold anyone up. So the next day and today it is bad. I couldn't fully empty my bowel due to the pain and sitting is very uncomfortable. The dull ache is spreading into my vagina? 

I read that witch hazel is good to help with the pain, has anyone tried this?

I've been using Rectinol ointment and using baby wipes instead of toilet paper (except this weekend).

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When I had my fissure I have sitz bath with coconut oil and Epsom salts hot water 

Laxido x 1 am and pm

Retogestic cream you get of the gp

Even now I soak in the sitz bath 

Bert bees lip balm peppermint one works wonders!

• Posted

Thanks Natasha. I got some Rectogesic ointment as recommended by the pharmacist yesterday, I am already feeling better today. I will continue to apply ointment and try the Sitz bath
  • Posted

Keep your stools soft i take laxido twice a day 

Lots of water

If pain too much when going toilet poop in the sitz bath . Then refill and bathe 

Helped for me at the worst times !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.