I'm in so much pain and I'm thinking it's time to move on to other measures.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PCOS several yrs ago. I was having very painful periods along with a VERY heavy flow. So much so that I would be standing at the sink washing dishes and all of a sudden .....blood down my legs. Not to mention, going to work while on my period was embarrassing, as i had to change a pad AND tampon every 30 minutes. (Sorry so graphic but I know someone out there can relate.) I ended up becoming severely anemic, and my doctor was actually surprised I was able to function with the amount of blood loss I was experiencing. He suggested I try birth control to regulate my cycle and hopefully help shrink the cysts. Unfortunately for me, my body cannot handle ANY type of BC .... my blood pressure was constantly through the roof and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Not to mention i gained 20 pounds in a matter of several months. My doctor suggested I stop drinking coffee every morning. As caffeine can have that affect on the body.... but I knew it wasn't the coffee. I made the decision to get off the BC on my own. My BP went back to normal in no time but my periods once again were horrible and the pain was soooo unbearable. Ovulating was excruciating, as i could feel the cysts rupture, and then I had "periods" in between periods. I went back to see my doctor, and after more testing...he determined I have a hormone imbalance. My thyroid, estrogen and testosterone levels were low. I decided to try hormone therapy (BioTe). It's expensive but I started feeling much better....everything from the painful periods and ovulation, to the severe anxiety. I thought i had found permanent relief, and still i cant really complain about it, except for im starting to have the bloating, heaviness in my abdomen and pain again. Pain that feels like my uterus is being ripped out of me....unbearable. The other option my doctor gave me is a hysterectomy. I didnt consider it several years ago since i was in my early 30s. Now that im almost 39, as permanent as it is, I'm seriously considering it. I'm done hurting. Any suggestions??? Can anyone else out there relate??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi there

Yep can relate to you a lot!! I was diagnosed with this when I was 16, heavy, clots changing pads tampoms not know when I was going to bleed and a few time# I’ve bleed and realised when I’ve  stood up!! Having the lining of my womb she’d yes I know only too well.

The pain yes you can feel the little buggers popping I would say and what side I used to count  them too many to remember! Back pain excruciating 😖 

when I went for a scan at 16 the lady said “ my god you’ll never have children your ovaries are the size of walnuts and there riddled with cyst” TACTFUL HEY.

Have yo7 tried somthing I was given for pain Metformic acid yo7 may have had this. It eased it for me.

I was put on birth control because I couldn’t handle not knowing when but I would bleed somtimes when on that,

a very hard discision for you and one not to take lightly.

This is my weird unfair story was told I couldn’t desperatly wanted to be a mum, had scans nearly every year there they were looking at me the ovaries and the cyst all over.

This is the thing. Last year I left my husband an abusive violent man.... i was an addict clean for nearly 18 months.

He hrrendous pains about a moth before they were talking about taking them out. Went for the scan...  ALL GONE? normal size ovaries and no cysts.

All they can say is mabe as I’m less stressed s little better in eating and I’m clean.

So for 24 years face it that I’d had no children so hard sadly part of the reason I became an addict!

I’m 40 now all I can say I go back to the dr see what your best option is for you. 

This I can relate too.

I’m left now at 40 on the pill so things can change. 

I wish you well

Vicky

• Posted

Wow.....let me just say.... I'm sorry to hear about everything you've experienced. But it's true when they say women are stronger than men and we can handle more pain.

I've never tried that particular medication but it would definitely be worth a shot. Thanks for the response. Sometimes it can be easy to feel like you're the only one being tortured by this pain.

• Posted

Hi there Tammy You’re not on your own with this although it’s a horrible thing please go back to your doctor to ask for Metfemnic  acid it did help me a lot along with  ibruprofen. when I had the pain and Ipcould feel them popping,I wish you well on your journey and hope that things turn out better for you.Make sure you get all the information from your GP you should know.Take careVicky🌈

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.