I'm literally covered now

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been told I had HS many years ago. I've had anti biotics, creams, and recently need referred to have the PUVA light treatment baths. Has anyone had these? Are they any good? I'm laterally covered now, it's getting so bad! It's really getting to me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Been there for over 10 years. Antibiotics and creams didn't work. I saw a Dermatologist back in October of last year, she told me that the FDA recently approved Humira for treatment for H S. I've been taking Humira for three months now. The results are nothing short of a miracle for me. The old cysts/ boils are slowly drying out. I'm talking about like open wounds that are just there after they swell up like golf balls and drain and never heeled. Ive had 2 new ones that get no larger than a pea or so , and the just go away. It is not a cure , but damn I'm probably 60 to 70 percent better. I'm urging people with this dumb ass H S thing to give Humira a try.

• Posted

Hi there,

Concentrate on getting your trigger foods identified, if it is getting worse then it means that you are eating/ drinking your trigger food. I take 70mg zinc pills 3 a day on flare-ups and work down to 1 a day to keep the HS gone.... it does not work for everybody tho, and it is not a cure, but it has less side-effects that the other products.

• Posted

Hello,

I wanted to ask what other part of your body are you experiencing because now i have one on the front of my neck and its painful. I just wanted know not to be nosy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.