I'm looking for support with ectopics

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi am am looking for some support with ectopics for someone who has had the same experience, I get extra beats , thuds thumps and also bursts of rapid beats , I'm struggling to cope now and I don't know what to do, I'm terrified of dying

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ectopics don't kill you. Some people get 10,000 to 20,000 in day. How many are you getting?

Have you beem prescribed Bisoprolol?

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure how many I have per day .

I have had these for years but over the past year it has progressed and I now get bursts of rapid Beating, it's these that scare me 😳

I have been given propranolol

• Posted

I had them from 2001 until 2012 when heart surgery turned them into atrial fibrillation. I know which one I preffered.

Some people find that their ectopics stop during exercise, running, biking etc. Have you found thst.

• Posted

They don't really change with exercise to be honest , I have had a 3 day holter in the past that only pulled up supra ventricular ectopics, but I am now scared they have missed something like VT because of the bursts I get

• Posted

They don't really change with exercise to be honest , I have had a 3 day holter in the past that only pulled up supra ventricular ectopics, but I am now scared they have missed something like VT because of the bursts I get

• Posted

At least it is good that they don't worsen during exercise.

• Posted

You can buy a device called a Kardia that you just need to put fingers on and it does an ECG. You attach it t an android phone to record the readings. Doctors and cardiologist accept the readings.

I've not used one as it is not compatible with my Windows phone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.