I’m Looking for VAGINAL ( not oral) Probiotics

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey ladies. Please help. I was in Canada last week and I purchased some OTC fluconazole and vaginal probiotics. I don’t want to use the brand name because I think it should against the rules. I read somewhere that for resistant vaginal issues I can take fluconazole 150mg once every three days x 3 doses and then once monthly for six months. So I’m doing this as well as trying to tackle the BV imbalance.  

For BV I am using lots of acids. I ordered lactic acid I use three times a week. I’m also using boric acid twice a day. I started as soon as my cycle came and I’m washing with acetic acid with mother every time I pee. I’m using oral probiotics but I want some more of the vaginal ones as well. So if anyone finds a strong vaginal probiotic that’s at least 10^9 cfu please let me know. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

We can’t purchase fluconazole OTC in US sad
  • Posted

There is a brand called Rephresh that has both oral probiotic and a vaginal gel. I have never used the gel but I read in other discussions that it has worked well. I have used the oral probiotic for a couple of years now, and at first it seemed to work really well but I feel that once my body got use to it, it doesn't really make a huge difference. I currently use boric acid suppositories to keep everything at bay, it is the only thing that has worked for me. Even though it isn't an end-all solution I now use it about once a week or when symptoms, it relieves all symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.