I'm new!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, just joined here as really feel I need to offload & discuss feeling so low. Been depressed for 15 years since a bad back injury meant me losing most of what made me me. Terrible day today, two gorgeous children so felt so ungrateful but unable to stop crying all day. Took last citalopram yesterday so that's bound to be having an effect... hopefully will get reperat prescription tomorrow. How is everyone else on here doing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rach nice to meet you and welcome to the site.   I am sorry to hear of your back problems,  that must be very difficult for you.  

Offload anytime you want as we all do that.  This is a very friendly supportive site and I am sure there will be others in soon.  We all help and support each other here. x

• Posted

Hi Rach,

Really feel for you.

Do you mind me asking what back injury you have?

My partner has a spinal problem and I'm concerned he is getting depressed; I think it is a horrible side effect to physical pain that isn't always properly addressed.

I have depression but not through the same circumstances as you, but I can really empathise with how you must be feeling right now.

Please try and not give yourself such a hard time because you aren't feeling happy or well or however it is exactly you feel.

Depression, sadness, mental and physical health all have an impact on life and I know first hand how hard it is to try and feel "happy" or engaged in things you know are positive (like your kids). Because despite how much you want to be enjoying things it doesn't always work out that way sadly.

I hope you get the support and kindness you deserve on here, I would agree that we are all here to support and hopefully help each other cope in some way.

Lots of love and best wishes xx

• Posted

Hello Rach, welcome and I hope you find friends and support here.  It is a great site with wonderfully sympathetic people.  I am glad you found us.

Yes you off load anytime, as that is why we are here.  We all understand how you feel,  and I find that a great consolation. 

I am so sorry you had a terrible day.  I myself have been very low lately.  I know my back is not like yours, but I do have arthritis in my spine and hands and I know what the pain can be like with that.  I am so sorry you had a serious injury.

Why do you say you feel so ungrateful?  You sound like a loving mother.  Does your injury and back pain mean your mobility is limited? 

Keep writing to us. 

• Posted

Hi Rachael. I am here if you need to talk via message as well if you like. I have just re-joined the site myself after 9 months away. I have also struggled with a bad back injury & other arthritic problems, for over 25 years. I started taking anti- depressants 4 years ago.After resisting for ages, I had to admit that the almost constant pain was breaking me down. I ended up on Citilopram & am currently on cbt. I'm not sure the cbt is working for me though. Don't blame yourself for being ill, Rach, you have an illness that is difficult to cope with. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.