I'm new

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im starting the tablets tomorrow and I have been reading reviews what are people meaning about oil leakage and accidents im worried

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you stick to the right amounts of fat per meal you will be absolutely fine! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi there i started mine last tuesday and ive been fine is more of a warning not to eat fatty foods as the tablets eliminate the fat hence the oily stools or oil leakage if you keep to alow fat diet you will be fine good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi there, these tablets prevent your stomach/intestines absorbing about 1/3rd of the fat you eat to help weight loss, so of course that unabsorbed fat needs to be ejected from the body. Guess where it comes out? Yep, the bottom! This is why, in addition to helping weight loss, a low fat diet helps - to prevent leakage. But don't panic as to be honest not too many people suffer with this as most people stick so religiously to a low fat diet that their toilet moments don't change. The rule of thumb is what you eat should not be more than 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g total fat per meal. You eat 3 meals a day and take one of these tablets with each meal. I also try to eat no more than 1400 calories per day. It's quite brutal and there are significant differences in everybodys experience. What can therefore happen is if you eat a meal really fatty such as fish and chips, or pizza, or cakes and crisps etc - all the stuff we ate to get overweight in the first place - you MAY experience oily stools or even just oily residue coming out if you've really gone for it. I find I get constipated after about 5 days and so end up having to eat a fatty meal in order to then go to the toilet. But I'm trying to work that into my regime by every Friday evening having a normal meal (usually fish and chips cause my son loves them and it's a treat night for him). I then toilet a lot throughout the night or next day and it's fine. I have also lost 1 stone in 5 weeks so guess it's working for me. Some people are really sticking to it and losing loads without any problems or oily stools and some are not losing at all for weeks on end - I think this is because we are all so scared of having accidents that we stick to such a low calorie diet and low fat that we are starving ourselves and our bodies are hanging onto our fat reserves. It really is a case of starting the tablets, follow the low fat rule, keep to under 1500 cals per day and see how it pans out over first few weeks. Adjustments may need to be made. But please don't worry, sounds worse than it is, most people just seem to get a bit bloated and windy. I hope that helps ease your mind. Good luck and keep in touch with us all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.