I'm new on this discussion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone, I'm hoping to get some thought's on this Low dose cancer screen I had, The report say's as follow's #1.There is Hyperaetion cosistent with COPD... #2.There are Emphysematous changes throughout the lung fields... #3.There are bronchiectatic throughout the lung fields... #4.There is Fibrosis at the apices bilaterally. There is fibrosis demonstrated in the left lung field anteriorly. There is fibrosis at the right lung base... #5. There is a 4mm nodular density left upper lung field. There is a 3mm nodular density right upper lung field. Say a Pulm Dr today, He didn't seem to concerned. Yes I am a smoker who is down to 10 cigs a day.  I just have been so weak, I am on Oxegen at night for a small heart problem.  My report from the CT reccomends an other scan in 6 mos. I had the original done in December .. ANY Thoughts ? Is there such a thing called just plain old Fibrosis ? I had a lung funtion last year I believe it was 83/ I will welcome any comments, Thank you. Best wishes. Nancy..... I am 65 yrs old & lost 3 sisters to COPD my baby sister was only 58 . 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi 83% lung function is very good and if you have been diagnosed with copd then it is very mild.  I presume you have been told whether it is copd or something else?  Your post doesn't make it clear.

You do know of course that stopping smoking is a priority even if you are down to 10 a day.  I am not nagging you as I only stopped myself last August and know how hard it is.  I immediately felt the health benefits and could breathe a lot more easily and have much more energy.  I joined a very good quit smoking site on Health Unlocked which I recommend.  x

• Posted

Thank you aitarg.  I was a heavy smoker for 44 years and never thought I would ever give up.  I had long accepted that fags would kill me and it seems strange (but wonderful)  to have a future after all.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done but I feel so good for doing it.  x
    • Posted

Yes, so incredibly difficult! Think of me cheering you on any time an issue tries to intrude.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.