I'm new to orlistat... pls help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 31 yrs and to orlistat. I'm using the capsules for 2 days and had a reddish discharge from rectum today. it is not like blood. it was just like floating in water. Is it normal ? pls. help me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like oil leakage which normally means your having too much fat in the diet, you should have no more Than 15g fat per meal three times a day so no more Tha 45g fat total for the day. You need a low fat diet. Hope that helps xx
  • Posted

Hi Sammiesl. Don't worry, this is completely normal. What you are seeing is fat which the tablets are prventing your gut from absorbing. When you get into the diet and start limiting your fat intake it will disappear. Lots of people see it in varying quantities but some don't. Try to limit your fat intake to 15g fat per meal and ensure that the foods you are eating don't contain any more than 5g fat per 100g.
    • Posted

help help, how to find the Fat content in grams? I normally eat white rice, fish, vegetables for lunch. Only 2 slices of bread and jam for breakfast. But for dinner I eat rice and gravy only. I m 64 kgs weigh and 5 ft 4 inches tall. Please advise me... 
    • Posted

Try using my fitness pal as that has a lot of the info you need. You can access it on your computer or as an app on your phone. You need to look at the nutrition panel on the packets of things you buy as that will always tell you the g/fat per 100g. They often also tell you the total fat content in a serving. e.g. if a food has a fat content of 3g/fat per 100g but the normal serving size is 250g it will tell you that the fat content is 7.5g per serving. Beware things like crisps which will list the fat content per bag at e.g. 8g but as a bag only weighs 25g this equates to 32g fat/100g!! I know it sounds complicated but you will get the hang of it. PM me if you want me to help you with specific meals etc. xx
    • Posted

Hi there dont worry its the fat like everyone else has said thats what the tablets do you need to keep your fat low 5gms per 100gms check the back of every item it tells you there look for the 100grm column xx
    • Posted

thanks... I can calculate it. Anyway how long will it take to show a good progress ?? 
    • Posted

Everyones different my loss was slow at first but its just steady at the min depends on calorie consumption fat intake and excercise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.