I’m new to tm and I’m scared witless to move, eat shower or do anything . I’m so scared of the pain

Posted , 16 users are following.

will i ever be able to function normally, i feel as if ive lost my life. on day 2 of carbamazepine.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i had the surgery and it has changed my life completly. my surgeon was amazing. i got my surgery in 2013 and have had no more pain well worth it xx

• Posted

I'm so sorry. I've had it 6 yrs. It sucks. At least u r diagnosed. electricity to cheek horrible tooth pain. sometimes nose pain the worst for me is the burning out of the eyeball feeling. I've wet my pants. ask doc. for Lyrica. lt stops the eye one. now just the tooth ache that makes u so u cant eat. my blood sugar was 28. suppose to be over 70 so drink a coke. which hurts to put a glass to your lips.I know.

• Posted

girl I have 1 word SURGERY!!! Dr. John Lee penn Medicine in Philly I can kick myself for not getting it sooner if you want your life back call that Dr! he has done over 500 mvd procedures I was pain free when I woke up and walking around like nothing happened in 2 days! GET THE SURGERY!!

• Posted

how are you doing now? I know the fear you described in your post- I've been there too. For a while the Tegretol worked- then I got to the point that I was having to take 1100 mg per day to control it as well as Lyrica. I gave up on my Neurologist- he just wanted to give me Microvascular Decompression surgery and I was not ready to go that far. I got a referral to a Neurosurgeon to ask for options and he did a Glycerol Rhyzotomy for me. There are no real cures for Tn - all ops fail over time but so far it has kept me pain- free for 11 months which is just heaven. The op can be repeated when it's time. I was told to very slowly reduce medication and I am down to 400 Tegretol and 200mg Lyrica and dropping still. there is something out there to help you - you just have to keep looking until you find it.

• Posted

hi Valkyrie, how kind of you to remember the despaIr i was in last year at this time at the very beginning of my tn . . I am delighted to report that with the help of 500mg of tegretol i have been almost pain free.... have had a few breakthroughs but painful as they are its not as intense as before i started on medication. My only complaint is that my memory is poor and i am puttin g this down to the tegretol but as i tried reducing the amount and got instant pain ive decided to put up with it .

im so pleased you too for now are in remission and pray it sstays that way for ever. im trying to induce positivitey . take care Rosie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.