I'm newly diagnosed after 4 years of misdiagnoses by my GP. Im scared by the chance of vulva cancer

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm newly diagnosed and when I asked for some info the doctor left me in the consulting room and went out in the waiting room and shouted to the nurse in full hearing of anyone in the waiting room ..... Info for this lady wth lichen sclerosis ! I was mortified and couldn't ask questions ..... Will I get cancer?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would also think vit e oil from vit e capsules would promote healing
    • Posted

Well id sudgest going to ls sites on the net. I find lots of info doctors arent even aware of.
    • Posted

I just type in ls,like when you said that about vaseline i typed in vaseline and ls
    • Posted

Natural products to help with ls might be good
  • Posted

The clobetasol (or alternative)  is what stops the itching in my experience and does little else  - but that in itself is a Godsend wth knock-on other benefits.

The moisturisers like coconut oil, emu oil, etc. are to stop the skin drying out and help prevent cracking and soreness, also have a helpful mild barrier effect.

The vaseline or other good barrier cream are to protect the sore skin underneath to give it a chance to heal with out hot urine going over it. It acts like a waterproof barrier.

When I have flare-ups, I have a bath or use a sitz bath over the toilet , using a drop of E45 bath oil, at least twice a day, dry just gently and put more vaseline there.

It's amazing how quickly our immune systems can heal the angry red soreness before changing its mind and attacking it again . rolleyes

• Posted

I think that is everyone's first thought but as long as you keep it under control you should be ok

Im very sorry about your doctor that was very unprofessional

What works for me to keep it under control is taking wheatgrass every day and pro biotic and I changed my diet I am gluten free and every time I use the restroom I wipe it clean and spray witch hazel then pat dry then put the purest aloe Vera on that you can find the moisture helps prevent fusing and at night I apply 45,000 iu vitamin E oil it helps a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.