I'm not diabetic (yet?) but my HbA1c level is rising...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been having symptoms of diabetes, eg extreme thirst, fatigue etc so my doc has been checking my hba1c levels. Anyway, six months ago my HbA1c results stated:

Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 32 mmol/mol

Non-diabetic HbA1c-IFCC reference range <42 mmol/mol

And most recently the results stated:

Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 37 mmol/mol

Non-diabetic HbA1c-IFCC reference range <42 mmol/mol

So my question is: would a non-diabetic person's hba1c results stay stable? Mine seem to be rising?

Also, I have just been to see the doctor today because I haven't felt well for a few months, and after describing my symptoms, he thinks I may be suffering from pancreatitis (acute or chronic) and is referring me for a scan. I am worrying a little as my mam suffers from type 2 diabetes so I know that diabeties is linked to the pancreas. Can anyone give me any advice please?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Here is the chart for your country:

HbA1c below 42 mmol/mol (6.0%): Non-diabetic

HbA1c between 42 and 47 mmol/mol (6.0–6.4%): Impaired glucose regulation (IGR) or Prediabetes

HbA1c of 48 mmol/mol (6.5%) or over: Type 2 diabetes

You are still in the normal zone. The old recommendation of eating every 2 hours was based on poor research. Today, there are more people overcoming type 2 by modified fasting and exercise. One program recommends 3 days normal diet (3 meals only) then 3 days on liquid vegetable juice only.

Another is to eat one Large meal per day, with few restrictions, then liquids only until the next one meal. I have also used a similar method. I fast 3 to 5 hours between meals, with vegetables only after 8pm. But, you can see that fasting is the key. It allows the blood sugar to normalize and for the blood cells to be retrained as to how to absorb glucose properly. There is also time for cells to do internal cleaning. Lots of chlorine free-filtered water is essensial to normal metabolism.

Also, fasting a a known treatment for pancreatitis.

You can add supplements to help your body stay normal:

1. a multi mineral capsule.
    2. a multi B vitamin capsule.
    3. a 5 source magnesium tablet, chew it before swallowing.
    4. a b-12 tablet.

Let me know what you think.

• Posted

revised:

You are still in the normal zone. The old recommendation of eating every 2 hours was based on poor research. Today, there are more people overcoming type 2 by modified fasting and exercise. One program recommends 3 days normal diet (3 meals only) then 3 days on liquid vegetable juice only. Another is to eat one Large meal per day, with few restrictions, then liquids only until the next one meal. I have also used a similar method. I fst 3 to 5 hours between meals, with vegetables only after 8pm. But, you can see that fasting is the key. It allows the blood sugar to normalize and for the blood cells to be retrained as to how to absorb glucose properly. There is also time for cells to do internal cleaning. Lots of chlorine free-filtered water is essensial to normal metabolism.

• Posted

3rd try: revised:

You are still in the normal zone. The old recommendation of eating every 2 hours was based on poor research. Today, there are more people overcoming type 2 by modified fasting and exercise. One program recommends 3 days normal diet (3 meals only) then 3 days on liquid vegetable juice only. Another is to eat one Large meal per day, with few restrictions, then liquids only until the next one meal. I have also used a similar method. I fst 3 to 5 hours between meals, with vegetables only after 8pm. But, you can see that fasting is the key. It allows the blood sugar to normalize and for the blood cells to be retrained as to how to absorb glucose properly. There is also time for cells to do internal cleaning. Lots of chlorine free-filtered water is essensial to normal metabolism.

• Posted

These test numbers tend to be inexact, plus or minus a couple of points, so don't get too excited as long as it still shows in the good range.

You might want to get your own blood glucose meter and see if you're getting some very high - or low - numbers. A1C is an average over about 90 days, but it doesn't tell you if you're getting into trouble just now and then.

• Posted

Chronic pancreatitis often goes undiagnosed, and there is no medication. Pancreatitis can result in virtually every imaginable gut problem, as well as malnutrition. Chronic pancreatitis is known to be related to blocked gallbladder duct in some cases. It can also be associated with hypothyroid disease.

You might want to check out the posts in the pancreatitis section. There are some dietary changes that can help control pancreatitis attacks. Mainly, the easiest way to stop a pancreatic attack is to stop eating. this stops the pancrease from producing digestive enzymes, and gives the body a chance to reregulate itself.

When I suspected I have chronic pancreatitis, I did a white rice fast. white rice is very easily digested. I used a tiny bit if white rice with my fast because I'm no good at fasting. Anyway, I always keep a little white rice around now and go back to it when I'm feeling like I'm having digestive problems (indicating pancreatitis).

Dealing with the pancreatitis has made a huge difference for me and has turned my health around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.