I'm not different!

Posted , 1 user is following.

October 2016 I had a seton inserted for a fistula. Its tsayed in until January 13 2017. 26th January, I hoped on a plane for a short 10 day overseas trip and it flared again while I was away - Fiji - bit scary, almsot jumped on a plane and came home early. Doctor put another seton in about 11th February - it came out 29th March - guess waht folks - pretty sure its back. No discharge yet but very swollen and sore. I loved with this for probably 12 months before the first surgery - think I might just put up with it again.frown

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I have Glucose in my urine too if I eat too much sugar for my system. This does not need to be alot of sugar, if I have fruit or even a small cake I know it is going to give me problems. I know what to do to avoid it, it's not much fun but life could be worse. There is another group for this if you want to search the forum for glucose in urine.

Re Gout what are you doing to control this?

If you want have a look at Perianal Abscess Organistation and the other posts here on the site, there is alot of valuable information here. If you have an abscess it is not always clear what the underlying reason is but diet changes certainly helped me and other people here on the forum. Not the easiest thing to do but my advice is speak to your doctor and ask if he can organise an appointment with a dietician to help you.

I hope this is of help to you. Please let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi

Sorry, I pasted the wrong reply here but feel free to look at the website and the advice about diet alongside the consultants advice can in most cases help this condition and stop it from returning.

Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.