I'm not good enough

Posted , 8 users are following.

I wish I could be someone else. Someone who is better than I am. I don't wish to be famous but at least be appreciated. Not criticized heartlessly by people who are close to you, and criticize you evem more if you can't accept or if you feel bad about their negative words. I was only expecting that no matter how bad I am in doing things, my so called "love ones" will still encourage me.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

The universe is constantly conspiring to give you what you want....  But it’s up to you to get over the bull that’s telling you that you can’t or you don’t deserve....

You are awesome.  You don’t need others to confirm that.  Block out and stay clear of haters...  

• Posted

haters as u may call them but they are he closest to my heart, at least for me.
  • Posted

Hello JunRt:

Sounds like you are having difficulty.  Maybe you are having difficulty forgiving yourself?  I know I am VERY good at beating myself up.  But I believe God (Higher Power or whatever you call It)  invited me to this planet.  For a brief journey.  I am not always sure why God invited me to this sometimes cruel planet.  But I try to donate time to the less fortunate.  And that helps me get purpose and it helps me get out of myself.  I believe this is a short journey on planet Earth.  And I have learned to forgive myself and I have learned how to be purposeful to others at the local homeless shelter.  Also -- maybe see a doctor?  Good luck always.

• Posted

Your thoughts and feelings are quite common among we depressed people, junrt. 'I am not good enough' is a very common feeling. It eats away at us and tears down our resolve. 

At the end of the day there is only one of each of us in the world, so we must be pretty special-each in our own way. You start to recognize that by not comparing yourself to other people. If you use them as a standard, naturally they will be much closer to it than you or I will ever be. When we do that we set ourselves up for constant disappointment.

I'll bet there are some things about you that are very special, even if you don't get validation from those around you. You sound like a pretty empathetic person, I bet you make less privileged folks feel better about themselves. That is quite a rare gift in this world.

Don't run yourself down, God has a mission for each and every one of us. Some walk more difficult paths in life, and I don't know the reason for that-but there is one. Cherish the things about yourself that make the world a better and happier place and try and spread a little bit of that around. This world sure needs more of it.

God bless.

• Posted

Couldn’t say it better Phil!

Sometimes I am reading these posts and honestly physically feeling these people pain. We all been there and know how it feels. 

My question is why there is no rehabilitation centres for people like Junrt? Some people lucky enough to have somebody close to talk to but most don’t and we know how it’s difficult sometimes even to do this step - to ask actually for help. It’s so painful to see 12,15,17 years kids so depressed and lost already that they are ready to commit suicide. Damn it’s so wrong. 

Professional medical help is important but in so many occasions it’s an emergency! 

• Posted

thank u for that wonderful reminder.
    • Posted

I'm embarrassed abd scared. I don't want to go to psychiatrist. My boyfriend will think that I am just overreacting. or seeking attention. I'm also scared that I might just also add up to his depression, he is. and he's also bipolar. it's frustrating as well becausw I don't know how exactly to deal with this. I have my own depression but I bever realized it until I met him 3months ago. So now, he might think I am depressed becauae of him OR because I want his attention. he'll think i feel like I'm waning more than he can give.

• Posted

I know what you mean. Family mean well but sometimes it doesn't come across like that. When I was really ill for 3/4 weeks just a couple of weeks back I just wanted a hug, that's all. I had to wait 3 weeks until a friend came back off holiday to get one. My mum saw me today after 5 weeks and didn't even hug me. It hurts doesn't it? Family are too close tell them exactly how you feel if you can. I can't as what happened to me is too deep at the moment. I tried to jump about 2.5 weeks back I 'd hit rock bottom a relative stranger stopped me from taking my life. I'll never forget that. I felt really guilty and sad about all of this. My family have a lot to answer to. You need to find someone else close not family they'll hurt you and it seems like you're hurting already otherwise why comment on here, we'll listen......

• Posted

Hi my mother shouted and criticised me throughout my childhood and early adulthood which was very hurtful and damaged my self esteem and confidence on a permanent basis.

Many years later I asked her why.  Her reply?  I was trying to help you dear.  I said why did you think treating me like that would help me?  Not sure if she was sincere or just didn't like me very much.  She was always very unhappy in her marriage and unfortunately took it out on her children.  Maybe it's a similar situation in your household?  

You don't say whether you are very young and still living at home or whether this is your chosen family ie partner and kids.  If the former work on trying to get away and if the latter see if your relationships are still working for you and if not change what you can.  x

• Posted

I know the feeling, Junrt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.