I'm not sure if I have bartonella or something? Please help me!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm 20 years old, and 10 years ago I had hundreds of baby ticks on my for about two weeks. I didn't go to a doctor, I just bathed in a solution and plucked them all out. A few weeks after my lymph nodes were swollen but my mother just said it happens with puberty. A few years later I started fainting and had low white blood cells. I eventually also had a run in with fleas which I had for a while in my house. Anyway over time I've gotten these stretch marks, which haven't gone away and even got worse. I wish I could link pictures but basically they're bright red and dark purple, they look like tadpoles, long and squiggly! Under my leg (like under the knee), my sides are the worst, my thighs, and just above my armpit as in on my under arm. I'm not overweight, only briefly was but I don't think my skin would have stretched so much, I have boob stretch marks that look completely different and feel different and are white. I've felt fatigued since I was about 12, didn't start periods until 15 so I don't think I was hitting puberty. I don't know! But I mentioned to my doctor about the ticks and he just sort of scoffed at my mentioning of it being related to my symptoms, but haven't told him about the marks. What do you guys think? Thank you ever so much if you respond!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maxie,

I don't know much about Bartonella.  In addition to me having Lyme my co infection is Babesiosis which has different symptoms than Bartonella and no rash.  It's important you show these marks to your doctor.  Whatever it may be, it will require treatment and sooner than later would be ideal. 

Don't wait and good luck!

G

• Posted

Hi Mazie

Not sure about the issues you have being anything to do with Lyme disease but it sounds like you should go back to the doctor and be a bit more pushy about getting a blood test for Lyme, as much for your peace of mind as anything else.  Stretch marks can come with growing up and perhaps you need to see a skin doctor for advice on how to deal with them. Maybe a change of diet, not to lose weight but to add more nutrients and vitamins in to help with the stretch marks and general skin condition? Maybe you can take a friend or relative with you who knows how much the situation upsets or worries you to the doctor so if they try and say it's nothing your companion can help be pushy for you. Good luck. 

• Posted

Stretch marks and swollen lymph nodes can be the symptoms of Bartonella. If you have a history of tick exposure you definitely need further testing to cover lyme and co infections. Find yourself a good lyme doctor. Non lyme doctors aren't very knowledgeable on the complexity of tick born infections unfortunately.

?Symptoms of lyme can be different for everyone. Good luck.

• Posted

The only other disease I know of that has stretch marks as a symptom is Cushings, but then you would likely also have weight gain that you can't easily control. Otherwise I would think that Lyme would be logical, especially with your history of ticks all over you. I hope you get some answers before too much more time goes by. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.