I'm not sure if I'm wrong or not

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Chronic Anxiety Disorder by my GP and prescribed Sertraline 50mg since 2017, at first it was on and off until this year when it became an actual prescription as the doctor and I acknowledged that it was working for the first time (May 2019)

All of a sudden my GP stopped my prescription and I was told by another doctor at my GP that nobody wrote in the system that I was on Sertraline 50mg and she wasnt sure why I was taking it.

Even after I explained she proceeded to tell me she wasnt going to prescribe anymore (July 2019)

However, I received a letter from my GP that clearly states I have been diagnosed with this disorder and the medication I'm supposedly meant to be taking. I haven't been taking, I'm anxious.. I'm extremely anxious, I haven't worked since July.. I also have some mild OCD that according to my partner is more visible now than before, I'm anxious about everything, I cant sleep and I'm overthinking everything.

I simply cant concentrate and I am having more panic attacks again. I keep getting chest pains, breathing issues and i just dont know what to do. even though they provided me the letter which is dated and stamped they wont prescribe me the medication and wont tell me why. I also read online that even if it was a case that the medication started working according to the NHS website they are supposed to stop it after 6 months of good treatment and reduce the dose not completely stop. I started Sertraline again in March 2019, they completely stopped it in July 2019.

what can I possibly do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You have been put into a very stressful situation, seemingly by the actions of your surgery g.p's.

The way I see it you must contact your g.p. and explain your symptoms in detail and request their help in this matter. Either you were misdiagnosed originally, or you have the anxiety issues which need treatment. They need to give you a more in depth explanation.

Mike.

• Posted

You are being grossly mistreated and neglected by these NHS rip-off masters to the extent that anyone minded that way could sue them.

You need someone on your side and by that I mean a doctor who knows everything you've posted here.

• Posted

Simple answer is to contact your surgery manager and explain your concerns to them, if that doesn't work then contact PILS and let them deal with it, are there any other surgeries in your area you can move too.

Contact mind as well

I will attach a link in the next post if it will let me but you are definitely suffering with anxiety which is horrible

Hang in there and you will find their is a light at the end of the tunnel x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.