I'm not sure if this is psychosis or not?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on yet. Awhile back I started feeling really anxious and exhausted. I went to my doctor for a checkup and everything came back normal. He said that I probably had anxiety.

As time went on the anxiety persisted. I had good and bad days. Then I started hearing voices when I'm about asleep or when waking up. I was also getting really vivid dreams and occasionally nightmares. I went to an ER and they weren't much help. A few days later I went to a walk in Psych Center for an assessment. I was sent home afterwards and they didn't seem to concerned about the voices. They did show me ways on how to cope with stress. I was also referred to counseling if needed.

I thought maybe this would clear up eventually. I never had a mental health issue in the past. What concerns me now is I'm still experiencing these symptoms. I started to worry about schizophrenia or psychosis. I called to get a second opinion recently and I can't get in for several weeks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.