I’m not sure what is going on with me..

Edited , 2 users are following.

So I've been experiencing discomfort during sex for awhile now, but i never had the ball to go get it checked, but now i have a new issue that scares me even more than the pain. On May 27th, i went to the lake for my birthday, me and my bf swam in the lake and it seemed like the morning after i woke up, and had intercourse, it hurt so bad, it was a different pain than what i was use to normally. after i came back home i figured i had a yeast infection, so over the course of the next two months i have took two rounds of monistat and an actual prescription provided by my regular doctor for a yeast infection, and it all helped... for a day or two and then it would be right back with the same symptoms, so i decided to take a look, and this is what i see. my friend told me it could be a barthlion cyst, but i see no similarities with other photos of women who have had the same thing, can anyone tell me their opinions or what this could possibly be?image

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi kayy,

    This looks like a large genital ulcer. Thrush doesn't usually cause ulceration, so I suggest you see a doctor about this and get some STD tests. In particular, they should check you for herpes and syphilis, which are both conditions that cause genital ulceration. There could be a more innocent explanation like a human bite during oral sex or even rough sex, but it's now 3 weeks since it started (and obviously it hasn't healed) so it's time to seek help from a doctor.


    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted


      thank you so much for commenting! i had went to the ER maybe two weeks ago and they tested me and everything came back good! could they have not tested for the ones you listed! I made an appointment to the gyno but the earliest they can get me in is August 11 😕

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    100% agree with Adhari, it doesn't look like HPV...so you can relax, if it's syphilis for example it can be treated just by one injection, not getting that injection can lead to death, so you should follow Adhari's advice and get yourself a STD checkup.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up