I'm not sure what this is

Posted , 3 users are following.

5 days ago I noticed a single raised bump on the rod of my penis it hurt and was itchy around that area, I've been putting warm water on it and its beginning to heal, it looks flesh like. I Did notice a whitehead on it one day, and later that evening after take a warm shower it disappeared. It looks red but it doesnt hurt anymore or itch. I sometimes play with my pubic hair and I remember pulling it one day in that same spot. Some people tell me it could be an ingrown hair. I dont know I'm really scared. image

After shot

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It looks red but the raised bump has decreased, I don't have any open sores. I'm really worried.

• Posted

this is a up close shot, the light makes it look a lot cleared but it is red flesh like while healing image

• Posted

image here's another shot from this morning

• Edited

i would get it swabbed for herpes.

• Posted

Update it's all healed up, come to find out it was an ingrown hair that was infected. I forgot I shaved that area with a clipper that wasn't properly sanitized and caused the ingrown. I used benzoyl peroxide body wash and it totally disappeared. Learned my lesson most definitely. I'm just happy it wasn't herpes

• Edited

Dear Dan55323,

I too think that it's a case of ingrown hair, but anyways I would recommend you to get tested for STDs (blood tests and swabs for the affected area), especially if you are/have been sexually active. And also visit a urologist.

Also I would recommend to not to scratch the area, and apply coconut oil gently over the genital area.

Hope that you'll be fine and let us know how your tests and visit fared out.

Regards,

James

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.