I'm off the tabs - but going on Reductil

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Had my weigh in last night and only lost 1lb in a month so the nurse asked me if I wanted to try Reductil as the Orlistat seems to have stopped working - no more side effects and eating low fat and exercising alot more than usual, but still no great losses - I have lost 2 stones whilst on them, so think it's time to try something else. I got them last night and read the leaflet but not starting them until tomorrow as I'm off for a couple of days and anyway it's someones birthday in the office today - so I'm being naughty and having a cake :lol:

Just like to thank everyone for the support you have given me over the months and I'm still going to report on my losses on Reductil (hoping to have some :lol: ) I think there was someone else on here taking them so if you see this and have any tips please let me know.

Good luck everyone

Jane

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Jane,

please keep in touch as I will be interested to know how you find Reductil. I am also finding orlistat has stopped doing much for me so I have been thinking of Reductil.

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi Lelly

Will do - it was quite spooky yesterday as in the afternoon I'd thought the nurse might offer it to me and she did - I'm a bit worried about being \"hyped up\" but she said at least you'll feel more active and get your housework done!! It's supposed to give you a dry mouth, but as I drink 2 litres of wate a day I'm hoping that will not affect me.

Anyway I'll let you know how I get on.

Jane

• Posted

:D finially someone else going to take reductil.i have found them great as long as you stick to diet you should do well.i had my first weigh in this monday and lost 13lb in 12 days next weigh in 1st of june. they make you feel full so you dont snack inbetween meals,when you do eat you find you cant eat the same amount you use do.HAPPY DAYS.let me no how you find them.ju :D
  • Posted

Hi!

I was on Reductil before going onto Orlistat but tunfortunatly they did nothing for me sad

I started on the 10mg dose with absolutly no effect, so I was changed to the max. 15mg dose, which worked for about a week....Then again nothing. I didn't find the side effects too bad though. The main thing was trouble sleeping for the first few nights I was on them, bu then that might have been anxiety!

I hope you get on well with them though, and see some positive results! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.