I'm on 200mg sertraline, will I ever feel like me again?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm suffering from depression and anxiety. Was prescribed sertraline at 50mg for 3 weeks and the dose has steadily gone up as I didn't respond if anything was worse. I'm now on 200mg. Anxiety has lessened but still feel down most times. How long before I start to feel like my old self.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kay are you getting any other support along with Sertraline?

You might need to talk to someone like a counsellor or go to CBT classes etc. Talking to someone helps to put things into perspective and is also a good support for off loading what is going on in our heads...

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Laura. I have been offered counselling through my occupational health department. I'm hoping that along with the medication I will start to find myself again x

• Posted

Hi Kay

I was put on SERTRALINE for the same condition. I took ONE tablet the side effects

were dreadfull. I felt  out of control I felt on another planet.I could not leave the house.I never took another tablet, I felt so odd I even phoned out hours help line.

I was then given many other tablets. Then saw a new GP who said lets try 

Fluxetene (PROZEC) it takes a long time to work, But I have been on them almost a year. I can now walk without sticks no more panic attacks no more seizures.

I can now walk across the road with now fear that I would have a fit.

But to be honest I should have been given these 6 years ago thats how long I have been suffering. Please do not give up and keep up a fight to get the right treatment. I had to.

Take Care 

• Posted

Thank you Lynne. I am going back to my doctors next week. I'm struggling with the high dose as it makes me feel tired and lethargic and emotionally numb but it has helped with the anxiety. I get terrible headaches and night sweats and struggle to sleep without taking sleeping tablets. I will persevere with this as I'm determined to get well

• Posted

SSRI's typically show their distinct benefit at around 7 weeks, Do you suffer from Mitral Valve Prolapse ?  And have you done your blood works for Vitamin D3 deficiency checks ?   Have you tried Magnesium Glycinate ? Do you have fatty liver ?   All these matters and discus these points with your Doctor..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.