I'm on 75mg immediate release in the morning but the doc wants me to change to 150 extended release

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey is there any side effects from going from immediate release to extended release when their dose was upped? Im scared to change x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello stacey, i think you will do much better on 150 extended release. Im pretty sure your 1 tablet of 75mg immediate release once a day was a mistake, as it meant you only had the ven in your body for 12 hours, and because it was immediate release then you had nothing for the second 12 hours. The 150mg extended release, will release approximately the same amount of ven, in the first 12 hours, as your 1 x 75mg immediate release but because its extended release, it will ensure you have a similar level for 24 hours, which you need. I think the 150 extended release should make you feel a lot better.
  • Posted

Hi Stacey, i changed with no side effects at all, overall i felt much better increasing to the 150 extended release. I was on the 150 for 8 months and have reduced back to 75 once a day for the last two months as i am much better and again had no side effects. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi Stacey try not to worry. I'm on 225mg of extended release and everytime I've increased I've had no side effects. Extended release is just slow release so you will feel better all day and night rather than just for 12 hours in the day

Leanne

• Posted

Hello, leanne made a good point. I am also on 225mg of ven, and ive also had no side effects, with all of the recent increases ive had.
  • Posted

I'm just scared incase there's side effect from immediate release to extended release

• Posted

Stacey, dont be scared of side effects. Immediate release meant you had ven for 12 hours, extended release means you will have ven for 24hrs. You should feel better, and i think the side effects will actually be less, as you will have ven for 24hours, which is correct.

• Posted

I dont think you will notice any difference, in fact if anything they may go down.

• Posted

How do u know if your tablets is extended release or immediate release mine's doesn't tell me it's 75mg twice a day I take. Thanks

• Posted

On the packaging it might say er or xr, for extended release. Extended are normally in a capsule form, and immediate release are in a normal tablet form. If you take them twice a day, then they should be immediate release. 75mg twice a day will give you a daily dose of 150mg. If it wss extended release, youd take 1 x 150mg capsule a day. I take immediate release. As ven is released immediately, i can feel ven working about 1 hour if taking it ie a nice semi dreamy/relaxed feel. I dont think you would get same feeling as quick, with extended.
    • Posted

Awww thank you so much I always wondered I seen people talking about the different ones. Mine's is defo tablets a kind of peachy colour. It defo doesn't say on the pack or leaflet xx

• Posted

That’s going to be a huge jump since you were actually taking only 37.5 a day. You would have had to take 75mg immediate release 2x a day to be on 75mgs so you are jumping from 37.5 to 150mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.