I m on cit nearly 5 week still bad thought

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any body help and explain me how long take time 2 work my panic attack no more but I can't go out site and not going 2 work. I really want my life back

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Id expected some even slight improvement by now why can u go outside?
  • Posted

I am 7 1/2 weeks now and I am still having panic attacks
    • Posted

Thanx but don't no when I m go out start panic and I feel everything finish world nothing very sad always

• Posted

Hi shah

It's very frustrating but I think we have to try and be patient with ourselves. Probably many of us on here are off sick (I am). We feel guilty and don't know how long it's all going to take too feel better again.

I think it's still early days but keep trying to go out cause it does help even if it's for a short while. Practice your mindfulness meditation and controlled breathing - it all helps. You should take advantage of the times you feel a little better as it's very up and down so early on. Perhaps you can talk it through with your doctor at your next appointment .

Good luck !

• Posted

How long have you been on cit at what dose ?

I agree we need to be patient but I am at the end of my tether.

It is 10 1/2 weeks for me now, 2 1/2 at 40, 6 at 30, 1 at 20 and 1 at 10. These last 3 weeks have dreadful. I have a baby and so cannot relax easily as he is very demanding.

At what point do you say this med is not working. I felt ok till 3 weeks ago....it does not make sense. If this is a blip it is a very long one.

• Posted

Hi sarah,

Have you dropped to 10mg now - not sure if I'm reading it right?

• Posted

Sarah have you dropped to 10mg now?

I've done 3 weeks on 10mg and 3 weeks on 20mg. Truly terrible side effects both times - heightened anxiety both times and still got nausea some days it never goes. Also awful insomnia, some nights get 2/3/ or if I'm lucky 4 hours sleep so constantly tired !

I've told my gp who has been excellent I don't want to move up again unless I've no choice. I just want to try and settle on 20mg and give it time. I can't cope with the merry-go-round of constant side effects !

• Posted

Hi

I am on 40....currently no plan to drop....going to try and stick it out

Are you feeling any improvement in your mood ?

• Posted

Hi Shah think you should go and see your doctor and tell him you are suffering maybe your dose is not high enough or citalphram is not the one for you.  As another member said trying the breathing excersise can help a little.  I hope you find a comfortable level soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.