I'm on day 5 of fluoxetine 20mg can anyone tell me about this medication ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was on citalopram for over 2 years 20mg I then had a review with my doctor and we agreed to drop them down to 10mg this was the worst mistake of my life my anxiety mood and emotions were all over the place and I didn't want to move or go out anywere just be on my own in my room. I then went back and was upped to 20mg citalopram for 5 weeks with little affect. The doctor then put me on fluoxetine 20mg 5 days ago. This medication is different to any other I've been on my anxiety is threw the roof, I feel sick, shaky, cannot concentrate, really bad headaches, worry is out of this world but I don't have any reasons to worry. It's horrible. I'm really scared of how I feel because I have also troughs I'd be better off not here ! Can anyone help who has been on this medication or similar to make me feel more human ? Thanks very much Lauren x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I can relate as I was on citalpram also for years. Very bad withdrawals and a hell for a while. The fluoxetine has not been fun either but after many week's have gotten stable. The withdrawals from the citalpram is something I'll always compare to for how bad it was. Bottom line, I hate SSRI's and wish I never got on them to begin with knowing what I know now. I am on 20mg of the fluoxetine. Prescribed 40 but refuse to be under that much control from a med again. Just my experience and working more with cognitive behavioral therapy. Re moving what stress I can. Coloring, playing a guitar and gym. Things to get my mind on other than my problems. Tough I know but takes some time and you will get there
    • Posted

So you are on 20mg of fluoxetine? How long did I take to get in your system I know it's different with anyone but it's nice to know there is positive results and yeah I know I feel the same wish I never went on them too. You have no idea how nice it is to hear from someone feeling the same as me I feel like giving in and I'm not a quitter but I feel so bad and it's really getting me down its more at night when I can't sleep then during the day in tried but am irritable and can't sleep! Thanks so much x
  • Posted

You will feel really tired while being on Fluoxetine
    • Posted

What all the time ? Because I do but thought it was a side effect xx
    • Posted

I was on for citalopram for on and off for 10 years, now I'm two weeks in fluoxetine and I feel like crap. I'm a zombie in bed all day I hope things get better and I'm trying to be patient

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.