I'm on esa and in work related group and now have to go to "tell" 5days a week 9.30am-12.30

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on esa in the work related activities group, jus had fone call saying I have to go in mon-fri 9.30-12.30 bit don't have to look for work as I'm not in frame of mind to take a job just now. Lost my mum in 2009 whilst pregnant with my youngest child, then lost my dad in Nov 2014 and my brother in July 2015 and thro all this is was in a domestic violence relationship which had move home 4times in 2014, my mental health not gd and also trying to control my diabetes as it's not good. There's other things going on too, but feel I'm struggling goin to this adviser meetings which is 2hrs a week jus now but then today got fone call saying I have to go in mon-fri 9.30-12.30 really no I won't cope with this and it's stressing me out to the point I feel unstable. Any help or advice who to talk to would be appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

B***** ridiculous!!

I can't help with any advice unfortunately as when I was on ESA they were for 3 year stints in the Support Group.

BUT, you having been through all of that you would have thought that they would have some degree of compassion and understanding.

Two choices as I see it - a doctors letter telling the DWP that going through that charade will only make your health worse AND a letter to your MP setting out what you have said in your post asking if he/she thinks that it is reasonable under the circumstances

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi.

I'm in the same ESA WRAG twice a month pain walking sitting the

Lady I see knows I am not fit for any type of work unpaid we both have

Said this.I've rang DWP and asked for my decision too be looked at again

Wrote a letter and getting my notes from my face to face you need too apeal against

The decision and put into support group also going for PIP too

• Posted

Hi Catriona

The only real way forward for you is to get out of WRAG and into the Support Group where you will not have to actively seek work.

Why you’re in WRAG is a mystery as it is supposed to be for short term illnesses from which you are supposed to recover fully in a reasonable amount of time e.g. broken leg or short term mental health breakdown.

From your history it would appear you are suffering long term with Mental Health (possibly severe depression or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). As already pointed out you need to see your GP and get some solid medical evidence. You then need to contact the DWP and ask for a review on the grounds your condition has deteriorated and as such you should be moved into the Support Group as it is now a long term condition with little prospect of recovery.

Unfortunately you will probably have to attend your sessions for now otherwise you face the prospect of being sanctioned. If you can get a GP note stating you are unfit to attend ASP you can then give this to your advisor and ask to be released from the sessions until a decision on your status is resolved.

The IMPORTANT thing is to see your GP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.